Re: [Groff] Introduction to groff in french

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Introduction to groff in french
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:14:58 -0500

Bertrand --

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014, Bertrand Garrigues wrote:
> I was about to commit my example, however I ran into a problem.  When I
> generate the pdf with pdfmom -k, I have a few "can't translate character
> code 233 to special character `'e' in transparent throughput" errors but
> the output is fine.

This is a known by-product of pdfmom/gropdf.  The message can safely
be ignored.

> However, the .mom files in contrib/mom/examples are generated with
> LC_ALL=C; this causes more "can't translate character code[...]"
> errors and this time the output is incorrect (é and è letters are not
> correctly displayed).

The latest versions of the .mom files in examples/ should build
without this error.  They do at my end, anyway.  Update your
examples/ files, and let me know if the problem persists.

> Attached my original .mom file.

Nice demonstration of mom usage.  Builds fine.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca