Re: [Groff] Trouble switching to groff, macro gives syntax error...

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: [Groff] Trouble switching to groff, macro gives syntax error...
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:14:50 +1000 (AEST)

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015, Marisa Giancarla wrote:

Ok, trying that gave me an improvement but i still have these issues:

There is several lines of whitespace and a page number. I want the first line of text to be on the first line of output and no page numbers.

I have never used 'groff' for such things. I am guessing it is either not the right tool, or will need to be postprocessed.

There are left and right margins. I need it to have no margins and a page width of 80 columns when generating text output.

Writing a postprocessor to strip out initial text, unprintable ASCII codes, and trimming the margins should be straightforward.

The PDF version can have margins if that is possible. My needs are backwards to most as the text version is the one i care most about.

We all have different needs.

There is ansi codes in the output. I need the output to be plain ascii text as it is being viewed in a game not a xterminal.

See my comment above.

Regards - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 277-279 Broadway, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer