Re: [groff] An alternative to info(1) ?

From: Marc Chantreux
Subject: Re: [groff] An alternative to info(1) ?
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 20:40:35 +0100

hello People,

> > I *hate* info.  It has made Linux less available to a lot of people.

info (the browser) was the reason i ran away from system documentation
to the web 20 years ago (and i gave it a try recently: yet not usable
for me).

also: i never considered texinfo to write documentation because of info
(something i regret now).

> Could it serve as a model for info2 ?

it's probably not the good mailing list to share about it but one thing
i love with apropos/man is that i can use them from vim buffers so

* i don't need to learn anything new to have a very powerful where i can
  copy, execute, navigate
* i can extend the way i want

i'm so happy about that it was a reason for me to consider groff to
write man pages.

There is also an old info.vim plugin which is more convenient than info
but buggy. i try to give it a new chance

    https://github.com/eiro/info.vim

still buggy, still not really pleasant but much more than the info thing
according to me.

regards.
marc