Re: Why does refer(1) have no database field for "edition"?

From: Oliver Corff
Subject: Re: Why does refer(1) have no database field for "edition"?
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 13:40:01 +0200

Hi Branden,

perhaps your question is the starting point of a gentle refer(1)
overhaul, by including just a few more fields.

Peter made the URL identifier available in mom, which is a great
addition (much needed these days as so many sources are now available
online).

I also have a few more fields on my wish list, like for translator, and
subsequently, original title.

Perhaps, but this is really just a wish, it would be great to include a
mechanism for a more flexible choice of bibliography styles. Here too,
mom has made ground-breaking work. If we have a style-switching
mechanism in place, individual styles could be added as separate macro
files.

Best regards,

Oliver.

PS: I did not forget to work on the tbl introduction, have to finish a
book project first (this or next? week, fingers crossed).