Re: Why does refer(1) have no database field for "edition"?

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: Why does refer(1) have no database field for "edition"?
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 11:40:19 -0400

On Mon, Aug 02, 2021, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> Why does refer(1) have no database field for "edition"?
>
> GNU refer doesn't.  Neither did AT&T refer according to my searches.

The lacuna isn't in refer(1), but in the macro packages using it.
Any %c, where c is an alphabetic character, can be used to create
a field refer(1) understands.  It is up to macro writers to work
out the the formatting and placement within a refer(1) citation or
bibliography entry.

--
Peter Schaffter
https://www.schaffter.ca