Re: Multiline Subject as PDF metadata

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: Multiline Subject as PDF metadata
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 15:29:35 -0600

As a side issue, it looks like the .pdfinfo macro mentioned in this
thread is un(der)documented.

It's documented in the pdfmark documentation
(contrib/pdfmark/pdfmark.ms), but it seems to apply to any document
rendered with groff's -Tpdf option, not just ones using the pdfmark
package, as the macro itself is defined in pdf.tmac.  Comments in this
tmac file give a usage statement and examples for .pdfinfo, but this
is not where users are likeliest to find it.

It isn't documented in the current gropdf man page, which is where I'd
first think to look.  This man page documents a number of PDF-specific
commands recognized by the \X escape, but no macros, although pdf.tmac
defines several that appear intended to be user-facing.

Am I overlooking something, or is this a documentation shortfall?