Re: man(7) .TH font change, was: groff man(7) `B` macro...

From: Ingo Schwarze
Subject: Re: man(7) .TH font change, was: groff man(7) `B` macro...
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 18:17:34 +0200

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote on Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 02:23:58PM +0200:

> Just to mention that since 2014 my .Mx mdoc(7) extension is
> distributed for the things i use, and i never have heard about an

Just in case people aren't aware, even though this was repeatedly
discussed in the past:  mdocmx is a textbook example of overengineering:
horrendous complexity for almost no gain.  Most of what it aims for can be
done without it and does not require any new syntax; the few aspects it
implements that cannot be done without new syntax are next to irrelevant
for practical purposes.  It is good that nobody except Steffen uses it.