Re: We have OSC 8 terminal hyperlink support now

From: Jakub Wilk
Subject: Re: We have OSC 8 terminal hyperlink support now
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 17:35:10 +0100

* G. Branden Robinson <g.branden.robinson@gmail.com>, 2021-10-02 14:02:
less(1) only developed OSC 8 support in version 566, released about one year ago. Versions prior to that misinterpreted the OSC 8 escape sequence and would write parts of it to the terminal window, an unsightly mess that would be sure to displease users. I haven't checked, but I fear that the behavior of other pagers (more, most, pg--are there others?) is similarly poor,

more looks OK. I guess it passes through all escape sequences?

most and pg look bad.

In Debian there are two other providers of the "pager" command:
- lv (looks bad, even with the -c option);
- w3m (also looks bad).

--
Jakub Wilk