Re: Should temporary indentation be ignored when centering?

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: Should temporary indentation be ignored when centering?
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:14:43 +1000 (AEST)

On Mon, 5 Jun 2023, G. Branden Robinson wrote:

Note: a negative '.ti' says go the left of the margin and so is a
NO-OP.

Not true in general.

Sorry, lazy me with a poor sentence. A negative .ti which tries to go to the left of the current left margin is a NO-OP (the .ce moves the current left margin temporarily as far as I can tell).

I'm pretty skeptical...but OK.  How about a style warning to be thrown
on the pile in <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?62776>?

I would agree totally.  It really is pretty a weird request.

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer