Re: [TUHS] Re: GNU eqn clarifications and reforms

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Re: GNU eqn clarifications and reforms
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 14:20:07 +1000 (AEST)

Hi Doug,

On Thu, 15 Jun 2023, Douglas McIlroy wrote:

I am not convinced that using special characters rather than in-line
eqn is a good thing. It means learning a whole new vocabulary.  Quick,
what's the special character for Greek psi?

I do but I get your point. I will drop that.

I have found that, for a sequence of displayed equations as in an algebraic derivation, a pile often looks more coherent than a sequence of EQ-EN pairs. The pile can even contain interleaved comments, as in Hoare-style proofs.

Now that sounds really useful. Do you have an example please Doug? nNo rush.

Thanks - Damian