Re: Matrix Column Vertical Spacing

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: Matrix Column Vertical Spacing
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:49:56 +1000 (AEST)

On Tue, 27 Jun 2023, G. Branden Robinson wrote:

Heirloom keeps the good layouts of A and B, but also the bracket
alignment problem.  It emits no diagnostics and lacks the horizontal
botch, but I find its rendering of vector C to be excessively crowded
vertically.

I know that the old troff on SUNs in the 1990s worked OK on these matrices

OK, looks like the problem is GNU eqn.

Good to know.

I have a workaround for now.

Sadly, my knowledge of the internals of GNU eqn is so bad that I am not much help at fixing the issue.

Thanks Branden - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer