guile-devel-internal

Re: Me and code changes

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Me and code changes
Date: 06 Jul 2001 00:42:43 +0200

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> So basically... are you all happy for me to be doing this (making code
> as well as doc changes), or am I perhaps abusing CVS write privs that
> were granted for a different purpose?

I would be happy to have you working on the code.  (Improving the
documentation often leads too improving the thing that is being
document, too.  I.e. rather than documenting some onerous feature,
make it cleaner and document that.)

Big changes should be discussed first, of course, but I'm not
generally afraid about letting people hack on the code.  We can always
roll the changes back.

Currently, we should be a bit careful with big changes since we want
to branch off a stable line soon, and it would be bad if that happens
in a half-completed change, or the branch would have to be delayed for
that reason.

[I will see to it that the branch happens in the next days.  I'm
 feeling throttled by it not happening...]