guile-devel-internal

red-bean migration almost upon us

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: red-bean migration almost upon us
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:33:29 -0600

Everyone who can transfer their own home dir contents, please do so.

If you can't transfer your home dir, please email me, and I will do it
for you.  (If you don't know whether or not you can, then you probably
can't, so email me.)

Here's what will happen over the next couple of days:

   1. Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, I will finish up the red
      items listed at http://www.red-bean.com/migration.html.  (If you
      want to do any of those items, please email me and put your name
      next to the item in migration.html -- help is welcome, of
      course, there's still quite a bit left to do.)

   2. Wednesday early afternoon, I'll shut off CVS, Subversion, mail,
      and mailman on the old Sanpietro.  Then, while they are in a
      frozen state, I'll transfer the CVS repository, Subversion
      repositories, and mailing lists to sp2.

   3. Then we'll swap the IP addresses and hostnames, and see what
      happens.

For step (3), I may not be able to come into the office.  Therefore
I'm hoping that Ben and Mike are working from the office that day, so
they can fix things if I screw up and lose net access :-).

After this is all over, we should leave the old sanpietro online for a
few weeks, if Greg Gallagher is willing.  There will no doubt be lots
of little things I missed, and it'll be convenient to have the old box
still running so we can go get them.

-Karl