Re: guile needed ?????

From: Viktor Pavlenko
Subject: Re: guile needed ?????
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 00:09:41 -0400

>>>>> "el" == emim limam <address@hidden> writes:

    el> Ok it seems i am not installed guile. But as i said before i
    el> have it in my usr/share folder.  Now the question is how could
    el> i install from usr/share folder. I also downloaded
    el> guile-1.6.0.tar.gz in case it could be handy.

    el> The command guile --version returned to me "command not found"
    el> message.

Hi Emim, you came in the right time to the right place with your
question.

Just copy the guile tar ball to /usr/local/src, cd there, unzip and
untar it, cd to the newly created guile source directory, run
configure, make and make install. Now you can try guile --version
again.

HTH

--
Viktor