Re: --with-libgmp-prefix

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: --with-libgmp-prefix
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 18:16:48 +0100

Hi Paul,

This is something of an old bug report, but I figured I'd follow up.

On Tue 28 Jun 2011 14:45, Paul Emsley <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't understand how the --with-libgmp-prefix is supposed to work.
>
> In fact, I'd go as far as saying that it's broken.
>
> ./configure --with-libgmp-prefix=/opt
>
> in configure additional_includedir and additional_libdir get set correctly
>
> but in config.log, I see:
>
> configure:36897: checking for libgmp
> configure:36919: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lcrypt -lm  -lgmp >&5
> conftest.c:569:17: fatal error: gmp.h: No such file or directory
>
> ... that is (AFAICS), additional_includedir and additional_libdir are
> not being used (in AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS?)
>
> guile-2.0.1
> OpenSuse 11.3 64-bit
>
> Thoughts?

Do you still build Guile in this way?  It certainly does sound like a
bug, probably in gnulib.  If you are interested in tracking this down
further, please send a mail to address@hidden  That will create a
new ticket, so we won't forget about it, as happened with this mail.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/