Re: Loading a module before and after adding a load path

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Loading a module before and after adding a load path
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 11:17:47 +0800

On Fri, 2013-01-18 at 13:53 -0200, Diogo F. S. Ramos wrote:
> I have a module at `/path/to/foo'.
>
> If I open a guile REPL and type:
>
> (add-to-load-path "/path/to/foo")
> (use-modules (foo bar))
>
> everything works. But, if I type:
>
> (use-modules (foo bar))
> (add-to-load-path "/path/to/foo")
> (use-modules (foo bar))

For the code you give, you should use the module after add its path, or
it can't be found anywhere.

> I get the same error I've got by using a module before adding the path:
>
> ERROR: no code for module (foo bar)
>
> How can I load a module if I tried loading it before adding the path?

It seems violate the logic, how can you load a module before give its
position to interpreter?

Why you need to load the module without giving its path?
If you want to refresh a loaded module, you may try reload-module.

> I'm using Guile 2.0.5.

hi Ramos!
I'm not sure what you need.

You want to load a module before adding its path?
If you