Re: building guile problem (configure: possibly undefined macro)

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: building guile problem (configure: possibly undefined macro)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:06:04 -0400

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:
> Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <address@hidden> writes:
>> It seems to build guile I need to have automake 1.12 atleast.
> [...]
>> I feel that dependency is somewhat harsh given that ubuntu 12.04 is
>> the latest LTS.
>
> Sorry about that.  I've forgotten the exact details, but unfortunately
> in order to support automake 1.13 at all, we need to require at least
> automake 1.12.

I should also mention that you don't need 'automake' at all when
building from a release tarball.  This is only an issue when building
from git.

>> configure.ac:881: warning: macro 'AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
>
> This is probably because your 'automake' in /usr/local is not looking in
> /usr/share/aclocal,

If you install the 'automake' package from Debian experimental and
remove your locally-built version (recommended), then this won't be an
issue.

     Best,
      Mark