Re: Debug setup in emacs

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: Debug setup in emacs
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 08:45:15 +0200

Hi Frederik!

I usually find myself using (display (simple-format #f "blablabla: ~a\n
some-binding)) or a custom procedure wrapping it.

At some point it becomes too much and I switch to the REPL and trying
things in there, if the setup or situation is not too hard to reproduce.

Also used (pk ...) sometimes, when I am not sure an expression is ever
evaluated.

If this fails me, I sometimes try to think about all the custom
procedures involved and start writing tests.

If I am too lazy to do that, I find myself thinking about the problem
real hard and then usually facepalming about my own silly mistakes.

If I still don't know what's going on, I might ask on the mailing list
for help.

Regards,
Zelphir

--