Re: good papers on graphics in scheme/lisp?

From: Matt Wette
Subject: Re: good papers on graphics in scheme/lisp?
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 14:35:09 -0800

On 3/3/22 11:29 AM, Blake Shaw wrote:
<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

On Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 12:34:32PM -0500, Olivier Dion via General
Guile related discussions wrote:
On Wed, 02 Mar 2022, Blake Shaw <blake@nonconstructivism.com> wrote:
[...]

Also, one last thing, I'm considering attempting to create a DSL that
compiles to a subset of GLSL like Chicken's GLLS library[4], as I'm
becoming more and more interested in compilation. I remember reading
somewhere about a Guile library that allows you to write C in Guile,
I think you are refering to
<http://sph.mn/computer/guides/c/c-indent.html>.

There's also <https://www.nongnu.org/nyacc/> that can be helpful if
you're familiar with LALR(1) parsers.
Actually NYACC comes with a pretty complete C99 compiler [1], which is
used to generate FFI bindings. So perhaps using that as a stepping stone
towards GLSL doesn't sound that crazy...

Cheers

[1] https://www.nongnu.org/nyacc/nyacc-c99-ug.html
oh wow i didn't see that it ships with a c99 parser, I have only touched
the FFI helper -- thanks for pointing me here, this is a massive leg up.

sounding less and less crazy by the minute :)

Note nyacc comes with a c99 parser, not compiler.  mes has the back end.

The best paper I read on C++ for FFI was the one wrapping Qt for python,
but that was many years ago.  I found this more recent link:
    https://doc.qt.io/qtforpython/shiboken6/shibokengenerator.html
Maybe it can be helpful..

Matt