guix-devel

Re: Patchwork

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Patchwork
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 17:17:10 +0200

> Hello Guix!
>
> Thanks to Siddhesh Poyarekar of glibc & co., Guix patches can now be
> tracked on this Patchwork instance:
>
>   http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/guix/list/

Thanks!

> Actions can be taken on the Web interface, provided you have an account
> there (I think anyone can create an account on this Patchwork instance.)
>
> There’s also a CLI that can perform the read-only actions:
>
>   http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/guix/
>
> (Roughly, it differs from the “patches” in that it’s “Web-first” whereas
> patches is CLI-only.)
>
> Patchwork is subscribed to this mailing list so patches posted on this
> list should appear there as soon as they have been delivered.
>
> I’m not familiar yet with the tool, but I encourage you to give it a
> try and provide feedback.

I’ve submitted a patch to the mailing list (this time inline with “git
send-mail”) and it appeared in the list.  Is there any way for us to
mark patches as committed via email (e.g. by commenting with something
like “Pushed as cabba9e.”) or does patchwork figure this out
automatically?  Or can only people with an account change the status,
and only on the web interface?

~~ Ricardo