guix-devel

Re: gnu-patches back log

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: gnu-patches back log
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 10:51:14 -0500

On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 02:45:51PM +0000, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> OK. I was not planning to badger ;). Sometimes describing a problem
> can be valuable.  Feel free to ignore.  We all have different itches
> to scratch.  I'll shut up again.

Okay, I really don't want you to shut up. As you say, we all have our
own itches to scratch (my phrase is "motivation is not fungible"), and
Guix should try to make use of everyone's energy.

But I got the impression (probably mistaken) that you felt the
committers / reviewers were choosing to spurn contributions, and it
really bothered me. Like I said, many of us are giving as much time and
energy as we can.