guix-devel

Orchestration working group (before: Guix orchestration notes)

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Orchestration working group (before: Guix orchestration notes)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 17:18:55 +0100

Hi Chris,

That was a lengthy writeup, thanks :). I think the first step is to
think in terms of (container/VM) provisioning. Then build that up towards
orchestration and workflows. There is some overlap with the HPC
working group, but I think we ought to have one on
orchestration/provisining/work flows. I am quite keen to have
something in place in the coming year. I.e., roll out firing up of
software combinations in isolated environments. Let's keep discussing
and build up a web page for that.

My first provisioning step is to start up a Guix container on a server
somewhere through a REST API and fire up a script that can run in the
container.

Pj.