guix-devel

Re: Looking for Thunderbird/Icedove

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: Looking for Thunderbird/Icedove
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 19:23:52 +0000

Mark H Weaver transcribed 1.3K bytes:
> Hi Nils,
>
> Nils Gillmann <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Björn Höfling transcribed 1.2K bytes:
> >
> >> Are there any more recent news on the Thunderbird side? Does anyone have
> >> more-or-less ready snippets available?
> >
> > I can not post the link to straight-out of the box Thunderbird here
> > (current repository is against the policy in Guix), but if you really
> > want to work on it I can send you the link offlist (just contact me at
> > address@hidden).
>
> Did someone tell you that you shouldn't post a preliminary
> Thunderbird/Icedove package definition to this mailing list?

No. It just exists in a branch in an (experimental, fluid) repository where
other nonfree software (partially as a base for other builds to be upstreamed)
is located in, which is why I mentioned "policy reasons". If that's an exception
I could link to the cgit, I'll do it of course.

If the repo is not okay, I can send a mbox formated patch.