guix-devel

WIP-packages (Was: Looking for Thunderbird/Icedove)

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: WIP-packages (Was: Looking for Thunderbird/Icedove)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 07:56:09 +0200

On Wed, 04 Apr 2018 10:34:10 +0200
address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

> Maybe one of you can post the current patch to guix-patches and people
> can then work from there?  (There’s already a few WIP patches at
> https://bugs.gnu.org/guix-patches and I think it’s a fine way to let
> people know that you’ve started working on something but that more
> work is needed.)

The idea of "WIP" (Work in Progress) package tickets is great: Guix is
a collaborative project and we can share the efford we made so far to
pack a certain piece of software. We all have our reasons to start and
stop working on a package definition. If in the meantime someone else
has the same idea, they don't need to start thinking about the same
start problems again.

Björn