guix-devel

Patching the default PATH of `su`

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Patching the default PATH of `su`
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 12:37:12 -0400

In the man page of su(1), it says this:

------
The current environment is passed to the new shell. The value of $PATH is reset
/bin:/usr/bin for normal users, or /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin for the
superuser.
This may be changed with the ENV_PATH and ENV_SUPATH definitions in
/etc/login.defs.
------

This means that `su leo` or `sudo su` give a broken environment on
GuixSD. You have to use `su --login` instead.

Should we use our own values for ENV_PATH and ENV_SUPATH so that this
works out of the box?