guix-devel

Re: my latest blog post

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: my latest blog post
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 15:07:17 +0200

I wrote this:

   But please do not demand of others to explain everything in detail.
   (I’m directing this at everyone who heeds my advice to go to
   guile-devel, not at any one person in particular.)

Rephrasing: I’d like to point this out to people who take this
opportunity to bemoan the lack of other features or who disagree with
what they think are different priorities.  You do not feel addressed if
you know you’ve made efforts in this area.

This is another of your points I can't process now

I'll try again later

> And saying I should come on guile-dev and actually provide what I thin is
> useful, nowing that I can't (not immediately is not a fair answer either
>
> Because it's equivalent to a "fuck you"

Wow.  No.

I think that’s an *extremely* uncharitable reading of what I wrote.  I
will refrain from further comments in this thread lest what I write will
be misconstrued in a similar fashion.

O, I'll try to clarify this one too.
Just not now

>> With regards to the shouting match on #guile that you linked in your
>> blog post, I can only say that I would have likely stepped in had this
>> happened when I was around.  Textual communication certainly should not
>> reach these levels of apparent aggression.
>>

> What do you mean with "apparent" ?

I’m pretty bad at gauging emotion in textual communication and it’s
generally not easy to infer the intended tone in short text messages.
That said, the exchange you linked to appeared to me to be of an
aggressive nature.  That’s what I mean by “apparent”.

It was of an aggressive nature

I was assaulted in an arbitrary, unwarranted and uncalled for way

It was wild

Because I had used G-golf as an example

I had also used Skribilo as another example

You now what Ludo did ?

Instead of calling me an hopeless moron unwilling to learn, he went and updated Skribilo, without saying a single word

I noticed

And I appreciated it

So, yes, it was aggressie indeed

Again. I'll try to be more complete later