guix-devel

Re: Suboptimal experience

From: Dan Partelly
Subject: Re: Suboptimal experience
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 21:08:27 +0300

> Thank you for your advice :) I think you're right: we are still beta, so
> errors are to be expected from time to time. We should fix them before we
> go 1.0. That said, the system is robust enough that you can always recover
> from said errors.

Good. Now, give current state of affairs combined with my lack of experience
with the system I wont install it for work anywhere as some fo you guys do, but
I will install it on an old laptop and I will try to build my Linux recovery
images with it. This will give me time to learn it and Ill take it from here.
The truth is that despite the negatives of the first encounter  the system has
some characteristics that are too good to pass. And you where right when you
told me that is very easy to extend and “make it your own”.

Which is the right mailing list for asking question regarding packaging
software, hooking into build system and so on (ofc, packaging discussion in the
limit of your core values ) ?

With thanks