guix-devel

Re: Using a CDN or some other mirror?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Using a CDN or some other mirror?
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 00:38:18 -0500

On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 10:32:02AM +0800, Meiyo Peng wrote:
> If at some point we need to setup traditional mirrors like other major
> Gnu/Linux distros, I can contact my friends in China to setup mirrors in
> several universities. I was a member of address@hidden, which provides the
> largest FLOSS mirror in China.

That would be cool, especially if it's hard to reach our servers from
within China.

The Nginx configuration for our mirrors is available in the Guix
"maintenance" repo:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/nginx/mirror.conf
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/nginx/mirror-locations.conf

... along with similar files 'berlin.conf' and 'bayfront.conf' for those
servers.

You can use those files to run your own mirror by changing at least
'server_name', 'ssl_certificate', and 'ssl_certificate_key'.