guix-devel

Re: Re-approaching package tagging

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Re-approaching package tagging
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 12:55:50 +0100

On 2018-12-20 11:57, Christopher Lemmer Webber wrote:
snip

I wonder for keywords that would be awkward to "force" into the
description if we could have an "extra keywords" section?  Then we can
skip tagging, but in case a package's description didn't comfortably fit
that word, you can still find it by it.  Then it's not separate tagging,
just extra words to find a package by that the description didn't say.

WDYT?

I like it. We could upstream those also to wikidata where they could be used as basis for categorization of software.

--
Cheers Swedebugia