guix-devel

Re: create a symlink

From: Rene
Subject: Re: create a symlink
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 14:57:59 -0600

Hi,

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> writes:

> But as far as I understand, you boot Debian/Hurd or something and then
> it loads Guix, right?

Yes, I use Guix as package manager like another linux distro.

I currently use `./pre-inst-env guix system init doc/os-config-hurd.scm
/guix`, where /guix is an empty partition to populate GuixSD os.

> It should be easy to adapt gnu/bootloader/grub.scm's grub-configuration-file
> to emit those and then reconfigure.
>
> (Later, we could add "multiboot" and "modules" to <menu-entry> in
> gnu/bootloader.scm)
>
> However, it's a dangerous part to modify since this part cannot be rolled
> back easily.  So don't make a typo ;)

I get It.

I found a conversation in bug-hurd, maybe it will work to avoid links like
/hurd.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2015-07/msg00002.html

How I can change "/hurd/" by "/gnu/store/abc..-hurd-0.9/hurd/" in
<hurd/paths.h> through Guix?

/* Hurd servers are specified by symbols _HURD_FOO,
   the canonical pathname being /hurd/foo.  */

#define       _HURD           "/hurd/"
#define _HURD_STARTUP   _HURD "startup"
#define _HURD_PROC       _HURD "proc"
#define _HURD_AUTH  _HURD "auth"