guix-devel

Re: boot multiple Gnu/Linux Distributions from one USB key

From: gnuforever
Subject: Re: boot multiple Gnu/Linux Distributions from one USB key
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 06:24:59 +0100

On 12.03.2019 11:34, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
You'll also note that Debian-based distributions use a completely different magic word:

 linux … iso-scan/filename=$isofile …

Indeed. For Trisquel, libreboot, I have this:

       ## TRISQUEL
       menuentry "Trisquel 7.0 - Gnu/Linux" {
           set isofile="/boot-isos/trisquel_7.0_amd64.iso"
           loopback loop (usb0,msdos1)$isofile
linux (loop)/casper/vmlinuz boot=casper iso-scan/filename=$isofile noprompt noeject timezone=Europe/Brussels
           initrd (loop)/casper/initrd
       }

I wonder if MAPPED-DEVICES could be a solution here, with a bit (heh) of extra code…

Unfortunately, I am not a lisp programmer. Not a programmer at all :-)
I do some lisp in my emacs config files but just for emacs customization. Code I found from other emacs users or sometimes with the emacs customization wizard.

TL;DR: there is no one reliable way, only distro-specific support.
Does this mean that ,for the moment, I can not add Guix to my multiple boot usb key?