guix-devel

Re: Automated linting before master branch commit

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: Automated linting before master branch commit
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 18:24:12 +0100

Hi,

> What do people think about automating package linting?  This would be to
> make sure a package is linted before it is committed to the Guix
> repository master branch?

A linter by its nature will in some cases flag things which are not wrong,
otherwise one could just check the stuff while compiling in the first place.

> I am not familiar with what Guix uses for continuous integration /
> deployment.

We can manually make cuirass and/or Hydra evaluate custom branches--but it's
not automated.

Christopher Baines is working on making patch review better--see thread
"Patchwork + automated checking and testing of patches".

> Estimated number of packages with autogenerated tarball:
>
> 389

Yeah, those should be updated.  With that many packages, writing a script
to do it would be less annoying.