guix-devel

Interested in working on Guix for Google Summer of Code

From: Daniel Jiang
Subject: Interested in working on Guix for Google Summer of Code
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 00:04:51 -0500

Hi,

I'm a student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a huge emacs user, and have been curious about Guix/GuixSD for a while now. I found it as a possible project on GSoC and thought it'd be interesting to help work on if possible. The organization page on GSoC said to contact the mentors and was directed to the mailing list from address@hidden I also recognize one of the mentors who wrote bindings to a game programming library for Guile because I was writing some for Common Lisp at the time, so small world lol. (I dunno if you're reading this or know I exist but hello davexunit?)

Anyways, are there additional steps to take or things to know other than submitting a GSoC proposal based on this?
https://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/guidelines.html

And what might be some ideas on the level for a undergrad with a bit of experience?
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2019#Guix_Deploy

Sincerely,
Daniel Jiang