guix-devel

Re: Let’s translate!

From: znavko
Subject: Re: Let’s translate!
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 07:49:40 +0000

I've found this emacs config (~/.emacs) in linux.org.ru, that makes workable
emacs commands (such as C-c C-c) when keyboard layout is not English. It works
for me in Russian layout, and Chinese too as I tried.

;;Make emacs commands work when keyboard layout is not English
(defun reverse-input-method (input-method)
  "Build the reverse mapping of single letters from INPUT-METHOD."
  (interactive
   (list (read-input-method-name "Use input method (default current): ")))
  (if (and input-method (symbolp input-method))
      (setq input-method (symbol-name input-method)))
  (let ((current current-input-method)
        (modifiers '(nil (control) (meta) (control meta))))
    (when input-method
      (activate-input-method input-method))
    (when (and current-input-method quail-keyboard-layout)
      (dolist (map (cdr (quail-map)))
        (let* ((to (car map))
               (from (quail-get-translation
                      (cadr map) (char-to-string to) 1)))
          (when (and (characterp from) (characterp to))
            (dolist (mod modifiers)
              (define-key local-function-key-map
                (vector (append mod (list from)))
                (vector (append mod (list to)))))))))
    (when input-method
      (activate-input-method current))))

(defadvice read-passwd (around my-read-passwd act)
  (let ((local-function-key-map nil))
    ad-do-it))

(reverse-input-method 'russian-computer)

There are suggestions for emacs config to make po-mode by default and also
ispell spellchecker in my blog:
dev-znavko.pantheonsite.io

Hope it helps!

>>> https://translationproject.org/domain/guix-packages.html