guix-devel

Re: Introducing myself

From: Tanguy Le Carrour
Subject: Re: Introducing myself
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 22:19:34 +0200

(I've just realised that there was a typo in the subject… shame on me!
… fixed… unfortunately the Internet never forgets!!)

Le 04/17, Pierre Neidhardt a écrit :
> Tanguy Le Carrour <address@hidden> writes:
> > I'll try to package my favourite tools that
> > are currently missing: ack, fd, fzf, udiskie, poetry, pyenv…
>
> Suggested alternatives:
>
> - ack -> the-silver-searcher (ag)

Thanks! I came across this one some time ago. This might be the
perfect time to evaluate/adopt it!

> - fzf -> Emacs with Ivy or Helm

arg… this is the much feared moment when I have to confess that I'm…
a faithful Vim user! ^_^'

> - udiskie -> See discussion here:
>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2018-03/msg00331.html.
>   At some point, we could supersede both udiskie or home-baked scripts
>   with Guix/Shepherd user services.

I'm really happy with my Bspwm [1] setup, even if it comes with absolutely no
removable media management! I used to use `udiskctl`, but I have to
admit that one quickly gets attached to `udiskie`.

[1]: https://github.com/baskerville/bspwm

I guess the real struggle will be replacing dependency management
in my Python projects. But that's a totally different topic!

Regards

--
Tanguy