guix-devel

Re: Translation of the Guix manual & node names

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Translation of the Guix manual & node names
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 00:45:53 +0200

Hello,

Julien Lepiller <address@hidden> skribis:

> Le Tue, 23 Apr 2019 15:33:32 +0200,
> Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> a écrit :

[...]

>> What happens in your case is that there is no “Packaging Guidelines”
>> node—instead, it’s called “Guías de empaquetamiento” or “打包指导”.
>> Thus, Texinfo fails to build the translated manual.
>
> No, we have a small script that takes care of this. As long as the node
> name is translated somewhere near the beginning of the file, it is also
> automatically translated in the rest of the file. So that shouldn't
> cause an issue. Maybe there's an error in the script?

Oops indeed, I had misunderstood what was going on.

I applied the Spanish translation and everything went fine.

Then I looked more closely at the Simplified Chinese translation, and I
found a couple of minor issues that I modified locally for the sake of
being able to bootstrap things:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=3068509ac12df6f2fc6e500019a4d8bbf75d32a2

Meiyo, could you take these changes in the official PO file?

Anyway, after ‘guix pull’, “info guix.zh_CN” should also work.  :-)

Thank you, and sorry for the confusion, Julien!

Ludo’.