guix-devel

Re: Translation of the Guix manual & node names

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Translation of the Guix manual & node names
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 11:24:52 +0200

Le Wed, 24 Apr 2019 10:51:55 +0200,
"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 09:31:59AM +0200, Julien Lepiller wrote:
> > #. type: Plain text
> > #: doc/guix.texi:7
> > msgid "@documentencoding UTF-8"
> > msgstr ""
> > "@documentencoding UTF-8\n"
> > "@documentlanguage fr\n"
> > "@frenchspacing on"
> >
> I already use this.  The French manual is affected too.  When you do
> `info guix.fr` or use emacs to open the manual, do you see French
> “voir: Quelque section” or English “note: Quelque section”?
>
> Regards,
> Florian

Indeed, you're right. I think it's an issue in texinfo. If you take a
look at po files in po_document in texinfo's sources, you'll notice
that only tp/Texinfo/Convert/HTML.pm seems to have translations
available, but the info manual is generated with
tp/Texinfo/Convert/Info.pm. You'll also notice the Up:, Next: and Prev:
links for instance.

The *Note seems to come from tp/Texinfo/Convert/Plaintext.pm but I'm
not entirely sure.