guix-devel

Re: Please merge guix-patches bug: 36789-36800

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Please merge guix-patches bug: 36789-36800
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 20:47:21 +0200

Zimoun,

zimoun 写道:
Please merge guix-patches bug: 36789-36800

You can perform actions like this yourself by sending mail to address@hidden. Here's some documentation[0] and a caveat[1].

I have missed how it works. I simply did:

git send-email -11 --cover-letter --annotate --to=address@hidden

and it is incorrect. Oups!

Indeed!

What is the correct command line to first obtain a debbug number and
second to send the series to this number ?

I was certain that this was in the manual, but I can't find it quickly. Hm.

What I do is to just manually write a cover letter in my MUA, send it to guix-patches@, and wait for the response with the bug number. I have to keep an eye on my inbox anyway, so I don't see the point of doing that on the command line.

Then I git send-email --to=address@hidden.

Thank you in advance. And sorry again for the mistake.

That's quite all right.  Thank you for immediately addressing it!

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://debbugs.gnu.org/server-control.html
[1]: In practice, there are hard limits on the length of these commands (and possibly the number of commands in one mail). I once sent a (scripted) ‘merge a b c d … j k l’ request and debbugs (silently) merged only the first n items. I forget what n was.