guix-devel

Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 20:22:12 +0200

* P <address@hidden> [2019-10-12 20:00]:

I do not know which tiny thing is extreme that you think that I think
that it is extreme, in fact I did not even use that word "extreme"
until now, so I wonder if you are maybe mentalist.

Further, I do not conform to normal boundaries, and thus anything
"extreme" for you is maybe not extreme for me, as you obviously tend
to have it under your own set boundaries which I cannot relate to,
neither know what you mean, as I do not know what is for you normal or
extreme, and my protest is certainly not there to accommodate your or
anybody else way of thinking.

GNU project is there not to accommodate anybody's viewpoints. That
software shall be free is already extreme to many people and that is
not changing the GNU project's intentions.

Being or having extreme way of doing things makes no change in free
software philosophy.

That the vicious politicizing of Guix has brought division into the
community and made impact, yes it did make an impact.

Turn to the cause of politics in Guix which is Ludovic Courtès and the
other members of the Thoughtpolice Squad. Ask them to build a system
that is feminist-only. GNU will remain apolitical project.

So stop whining or find a new place to abuse some other community,
finally there are many feminist communities out there where you can
join and promote your views.

This is free software community that welcomes everybody without asking
who is thinking what, and without politicizing over people by their
viewpoints.

Jean