guix-devel

Re: “do not add my address as an explicit recipient” (was: Joint stateme

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: “do not add my address as an explicit recipient” (was: Joint statement on the GNU Project)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 00:23:23 +0300

František Kučera <address@hidden> wrote:
> P.S. technical note to all: please do not add my address as an explicit
> recipient – it is superfluous – just respond to the mailing list and I will
> get your e-mail.

I beg my pardon.  Even if we put aside, that this is bad practice that harms
readability and searchability of mailing lists, how do suppose everyone to
follow that request — by keeping it in mind or what?

If you are insisting on it, at least try to formalize it: set ‘Mail-Copies-To’
header to ‘never’ and configure your useragent to insert ‘Mail-Followup-To’
that does not include your address (afair, Thunderbird is capable doing it
properly).