guix-devel

Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: Wilson Bustos
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 19:26:05 -0300

> You miss how any GNU project works. The key point is the do-ocracy:
> the people who are currently doing decide how they want to do.

I'm completely agree with you, that is why I didn't say to anyone what should they do or not,
That is also why I accept the female-grammar in that moment. (When I thought that grammar is about
an attempt to include people, a bad attempt, but an attempt after all).

So what I said in this discussion?
well, I said that in my opinion change a language's rules to fit your politics because you feel the normal language is offensive,is actually extreme.

Why I said that?
because now with all that you do, including cancel stallman for his opinions seems a strongly feminist movement and the translation is one of the
form in how the feminist movement get _expression_ in this project.

Should I be a contributor to give my opinion?
I think no, that is just my opinion.

> I will be happy to share with you some tips about translation.
I would be happy to, but I will look for a non-feminist project to help, that is also the reason because I didn't text anything in the guix list the last 2 days,
and I didn't want to text anything in this list again, because do it would be not productive for anyone and now I text only because you start to talk about me.

All the best,
Wilson

El lun., 14 oct. 2019 a las 14:13, zimoun (<address@hidden>) escribió:
On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 at 18:14, Wilson Bustos <address@hidden> wrote:

> That makes me feel uncomfortable with this project and I'm also sure that the same is what happen with a lot of more persons.
> I'm an example about how a persons who wanted to help to this project feels disagree with your path and get regret to do it.

You miss how any GNU project works. The key point is the do-ocracy:
the people who are currently doing decide how they want to do.

Therefore, please discuss, correct and commit change to the
Translation Project (TP). As you can see, the TP is not only about GNU
Guix and the Spanish team translates a lot of packages.

https://translationproject.org/team/es.html

Instead of being so angry (state), please propose concrete changes (action).

Any GNU project does not exist by itself but because people are doing.

> Anyway you seems happy to see how someone that wanted to collaborate at the end didn't do it,

Talk is cheap. Show me the code -- Linus Torvalds

> Thank you so much for your support ;)

I will be happy to share with you some tips about translation.

All the best,
simon