guix-devel

Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: Wilson Bustos
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 13:14:36 -0300

I explain in my answer my reasons,
For me if is about collaboration, I'll do it anyway even if I'm totally disagree with the gender politics and I was completely clear in my message,
In the same message I said that Is more important is have an Spanish version that have nothing at all, even if that Spanish version is a feminist version,
because once it is finish in the future is possible fix it for a normal spanish.

And in my free time I was learning about how to translate those text, and I started fixing the un-correct spanish for myself,
(I understand also I cannot send that fixed-spanish to the project because you will reject it).

And I still was on the way to translate the other part of english to political-correct-spanish to collaborate with you.
So as you can see even if I was completely disagree with your ideas I wanted to help (as I shows you in my message),
But all that you did lastly shows how much your politics are inside the project even before what you do to Stallman.

That makes me feel uncomfortable with this project and I'm also sure that the same is what happen with a lot of more persons.
I'm an example about how a persons who wanted to help to this project feels disagree with your path and get regret to do it.

Anyway you seems happy to see how someone that wanted to collaborate at the end didn't do it,
Should be all the opposite, right?

Thank you so much for your support ;)

Regards.

El lun., 14 oct. 2019 a las 10:30, zimoun (<address@hidden>) escribió:
Dear Wilson,

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 19:47, Wilson Bustos <address@hidden> wrote:

> For example at the point to change the rules of a human language just for politics reason.

I do not understand your point because you gently asked about this
rule in this message on the 31rst of July.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-07/msg00457.html

Then Miguel (the only translator referenced in
po/doc/guix-manual.es.po) provided you a detailed answer:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-07/msg00458.html

And you agreed on the answer, I quote you using your reply:

<<Thank you so much! that article resolve really well my question!>>

And now, you seem so angry... maybe you should take a breath.

> Don't you think that is extreme?

Ah, I am still confused by your current words and the previous ones on July.

<<
>> Right now, yes. If you want to help, that'd make it two. :-)
Ahh ok! I will

>> Well, actually https://translationproject.org is the real platform for the translation process, but we could define any workflow as needed, I think. We can agree about that privately or on the tp list (address@hidden), if needed.

Nice! I'm will check that

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-07/msg00462.html

Hum? I have not seen any of your patches. Therefore, if you think the
translation is not accurate enough, please submit improvements instead
of spending so much time on pointless emails.
"Speak does not cook the rice."

All the best,
simon