guix-devel

Re: moderation, please

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: moderation, please
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 00:04:13 +0300

ng0 <address@hidden> wrote:
> this list is to discuss the _development_ of GNU Guix, Shepherd, and Guix
> System.
>
> It is not a general discussion list for everything else.
>
> While we usually get by fine without imposing moderation restrictions, I
> don't see how any of the recent message floods have been ontopic to this list

Yes, indeed, though I cannot imagine, how an offtopic limited to few threads
can hurt any person minimally capable of using a MUA.

> (other than the original announcement of the blog post

Indeed?

> If it isn't already on moderation for some people, it would be very kind to
> do so as numerous active people asked for this (and the people in question
> are on record not willing to stop the messages).

Anyway, ‘to stop’ is the most unconstructive proposal, it never works.  If you
can name a better mailing list, please do so.  E. g., @address@hidden believes
for some reason, than otherwise pretty dead address@hidden is not suitable for
discussion of the future of GNU system in the light of recent events either.