guix-devel

Re: moderation, please

From: Jesse Gibbons
Subject: Re: moderation, please
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 17:31:22 -0600

On Sun, 2019-10-13 at 00:32 +0200, František Kučera wrote:
> Dne 13. 10. 19 v 0:16 Jesse Gibbons napsal(a):
> > When all 50+ new messages in this list from the past hour are off-topic,
> > it
> > is too much.
>
> 1) That statement is still present on the official Guix blog and thus
> this discussion is relevant.
>
> 2) I honestly can not imagine how any mailing list could be useful in a
> e-mail client without thread support and filtering. So I expect that you
> use such client (and according to the MIME headers you use Evolution, so
> you are fine). And then: marking the whole thread with 50 messages as
> read is the same effort as marking a single message as read.
>
> Franta

Evolution has a filter feature that doesn't work like it should, otherwise
the entire thread would have automatically been marked as read and moved to
a junk folder after I added the filter rule on Wednesday.

When I see 50 new unread mail from this mailing list, I think it is
reasonable to hope at least one of them is about developing guix.