guix-devel

Re: How to keep biber working

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: How to keep biber working
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 10:04:26 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> This does not contradict what I wrote.  *Building* the packages differs
> from just copying the generated files to their expected locations.  I
> doubt Nix actually generates all these files from source.

Indeed.  We discussed this some time back: we can come up with a build
system / importer that tries to generate the file the best it can, and
if it fails to produce the expected output, we can fallback on copying
the SVN files.  Not ideal, but better than what we have now ;)

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/