guix-devel

Re: Loading modules built using linux-module-build-system

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Loading modules built using linux-module-build-system
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 08:52:37 +0200

Hi Danny,

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> A user package (for example if referred to by a system service) would
> propagate-input the kernel module package it requires.

Yes! \O/

[...]

> The limitation of it not be possible for a regular user to add kernel
> modules is OK I think.

When I wear the regular user hat I would simply like to forget about
kernel modules, letting the service use (reference a package) whatever
kernel module it needs to do the job

> That's where I draw the line--a normal profile has no business adding
> Linux kernel modules to kernel space in the first place.

I agree, that is a system level profile business

[...]

AFAIU sounds like a good plan, sorry I just canno help here :-S

Thanks! Gio'

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures