guix-devel

Re: qtwenengine anybody?

From: mike . rosset
Subject: Re: qtwenengine anybody?
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 06:13:08 -0800

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Mike Rosset had it working in a patch that's still waiting on the tracker.
> It has at least one issue as far as I get it.  Mike also made an
> all-in-one "Qt" package that does not suffer from this issue, a bit like
> our texlive mega-package.
>
> I'm all for adding it to master.

Thanks for forwarding this to me Pierre. The new monolithic QT packages
with qtwebengine is derived from the now deprecated qt package, which
has since been removed from guix, which is understandable since the
module packages are more ideal.

This new monolithic package stills suffers from the same issue as my
modular qtwebengine. In that there are many in tree third party
dependencies. It's not trivial to simply switch to guix inputs for
these.

This package is an improvement on my module qtwebengine package. Since
it does not suffer from the same locales issues.

Mike