guix-devel

Re: error building new package (In procedure chdir: Not a directory)

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: error building new package (In procedure chdir: Not a directory)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 17:36:55 +0200

Hello Tobias,

thank you for your help,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> writes:

> Giovanni Biscuolo 写道:
>> If I try to build the package I get this error:
> […]
>
> Your source tarball contains multiple gzipped files, one of which
> itself a tarball:
>
>> metadata.gz
>> data.tar.gz
>> checksums.yaml.gz
>> source is under 'checksums.yaml.gz'
>> Backtrace:
>>            2 (primitive-load
>>            "/gnu/store/0d1j4s7c1h8w6z700sxb88jqmjp?")
>> In ice-9/eval.scm:
>>     619:8  1 (_ #(#<directory (guile-user) 7ffff3bb3f00>
>>     "checksum?"))
>> In unknown file:
>>            0 (chdir "checksums.yaml.gz")
>>
>> ERROR: In procedure chdir:
>> In procedure chdir: Not a directory
>
> Guix's heuristic is very simple: chdir to the first (or last,
> dunno) file it finds in a tarball, because foo-1.2.3.tar.gz is
> expected to contain a single foo-1.2.3 directory.  It usually
> works, but here it fails,

Yes but it fails only if I try to apply the patch, if I remove the patch
(as in the v2 patch provided in
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=49042#26) the package
succesfully builds; I need to apply a patch to try fix a bug in the
package.

> so you need to use url-fetch/tarball and/or further unpack the
> double-packed sources yourself in a custom phase.

I'll try to do this: any example at hand please?

One last question: may it be a ruby-build-system issue?

Thank you! Giovanni.

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures