guix-devel

Re: Guix as a system vs as an end-user dev tool (re: Building a software

From: Josselin Poiret
Subject: Re: Guix as a system vs as an end-user dev tool (re: Building a software toolchain that works)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:47:59 +0100

Hello everyone,

Just a small comment stemming from my time fiddling with Win32 API and
friends.

Zhu Zihao <all_but_last@163.com> writes:
> 2. There's no RUNPATH for Windows DLL, so all dynamic library
> dependencies should in the same directory to allow Windows find it.

There actually is an analogue for RUNPATH, because Windows applications
often vendor DLLs, and need a way to manipulate where they are loaded
from.  You can get a similar result using assembly manifests, see [1].

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/sbscs/assembly-manifests

Best,
--
Josselin Poiret