guix-devel

gcc-4.7 and gcc-4.8 compilation failure in x64

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: gcc-4.7 and gcc-4.8 compilation failure in x64
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 14:15:23 +0000

Hi,

I'm digging on old compiler versions for bootstrapping purposes and I realized
that gcc 4.7 and 4.8 packages don't compile on x64.

We have been able to reproduce the failure of gcc 4.7 but we didn't test the
4.8 error that far.

In gcc-4.7 the error is the following:

./md-unwind-support.h:60:47: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I guess there's something missing there but I'm out of ideas to dig on this
further.

Anyone?